Friday 14 November 2008

Ben Sahar and family not happy with Pompey


On-loan striker Ben Sahar has stated his unhappiness about not being played in the first team so far this season.

The Israeli has yet to feature for Pompey this season despite looking very handy in pre-season, and although Sahar is only on a 6-month loan from Chelsea, it doesn't look like he's going to be getting a game soon.

Sahar said: "I'm fit and I feel ready to play. It's difficult because of Jermain Defoe and Peter Crouch. They are great players. I'm training well, but it's not all about training.

"I can't say I regret going to Portsmouth. I wouldn't have preferred to stay at Chelsea."

As well as Sahar expressing his annoyance at a lack of first team football, his mother has been quoted in the Jewish Telegraph over-reacting about the situation.

"It's nothing to do with fitness," Batia told Sportsword. " It's because his name isn't da Santos and he's not from France or Italy or Spain.

"For Ben, football is everything I cannot look at him every day so disappointed. If he was happy we wouldn't need to live with him.

"If he was Ben Sahar da Santos it would be different matter. If he was from any other country he would be playing. It's unfair not to give him a chance.

"He's living in Portsmouth and has no friends there," said Batia. "They are all in London. The only thing he's thinking about is football. It it was me I would go home, but he's strong. It doesn't break him."

I think this is absolutely ridiculous, if Sahar and his family are that unhappy then jog on back to Chelsea where you will never get a chance. As for life in Pompey, I am sure the players have been kind to him and made him feel at home, and there will be plenty of places where you can get kosher food (another thing that Mrs Sahar has been moaning about) in Pompey, you just haven't looked.

Also we have no Spanish or Italian players at Pompey, and I would like to point out to the dippy Batia Sahar that in my eyes, our current star player is Nadir Belhadj, and he's Algerian.

Despite this, I would like to see Ben Sahar feature for Pompey, maybe in the early rounds of the FA cup or late on during a Premier League match would be a good time to give him a try, but don't expect to jump ahead of Crouch or Defoe da Santos quite yet!

No comments: