Friday 20 February 2009

Offer this man a new contract....


He has been my Man of the Match on more than one occasion this season and for me has been by far Pompey's player of the season. Yet he has still not signed a new contract.

Sean Davis' contract runs out in the summer, and the board have been negotiating with Sean for the last 15 months to keep him at Fratton Park, but it seems impossible to tie up a deal between the two.

Sean has been quoted this week as saying that he came here and stayed here because of Jamie's Dad, although I thought we worked best under the short period with Tony Adams. Neither are now at the club, and he is still playing brilliantly.

I hope that he does sign a new deal, and I believe he may want to stay at Pompey as he turned down a move from Bolton in the January transfer window - even though we didn't want him to leave.

Even if he is thinking about moving on, his dedication and hard work for Pompey has been outstanding and I guarantee it that he will carry this on until the end of the season, whether he signs a new deal or not.

But I urge Paul Hart, Peter Storrie, or whoever comes in as the new manager so sign this fella up, keep him at Fratton Park, because despite the millions we have spent on Crouch, Defoe, Nugent, Utaka, he is by far the best.

No comments: