Monday 20 October 2008

Pompey Rumours 20/10/08

Tribal Football ----
Lens midfielder Razak Boukari is interesting Portsmouth.

The News of the World says Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp will be able to get the France Under-21 star for £2million in January.

The Togo-born player is also a target for Strasbourg and Nice but would prefer to play in England.

Boukari, 21, has helped Lens to the top of Ligue 2.

SkySports.com ----
Serbian ace Milos Krasic has confirmed he wants to quit CSKA Moscow for the Premier League and that he knows a number of English clubs are interested in him.

Manchester United emerged as suitors over the weekend after watching him in action last week, whilst Harry Redknapp's Portsmouth are also keeping tabs on the situation.

Tribal Football ----
Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is confident of the signing of Lester Peltier in January.

Pompey are set to offer the Trinidad & Tobago midfielder a four-year deal.

Tribal Football ----

Arsenal fullback Armand Traore has again declared he could sign permanently with Portsmouth.

"I really like it here," he said. "Everyone has been very kind and it is a good club. I have come to a stage when I need to play regularly. Arsene Wenger agreed and he said he would let me go if I play every week.

"The future is something I need to discuss with the two clubs. I will need to speak with Arsene Wenger about it. I want to play every week. If I go back to Arsenal I will need to talk to Arsene Wenger.

"The manager here told me if all goes well I can play every week here. That is exactly what I needed to hear. I came to Portsmouth to play and that has helped me to relax and be myself.

"At Arsenal there are a lot of international players – in every position. Gael Clichy is the left-back and he is doing really well for them at the moment."

No comments: