Tuesday 4 November 2008

Torric Jibril signs for Pompey



17-year old Torric Jibril has signed for Pompey from Hearts of Oak. Torric looks to be heading out to Belgium though, as it seems the Pompey prospect will join Pompey's partner club Zulte Waregem on loan until he has gained the relevant experience to fit into Pompey's side

The young Ghanaian midfielder has signed for Pompey following a month of speculation surrounding the player's Pompey move, and has expressed his intentions to becoming a big hit in the Premiership one day.

"This is a very important moment in my career because it has always been my dream to play with a top club in Europe," he told Ghanasoccernet.

"I have been here for many days and I am happy with the facilities here and I am now relieved that the deal has been completed.

"I can fully concentrate on my career and hope that I can continue to develop to become what a lot of people expect me to be.

"I’m sure very soon I will be one of the best players in England. God willing I will live up to my potential because with all these facilities here in England I will not disappoint. Where I have come from we don’t have all of these. So the sky is the limit.”

It looked like Torric was set to move to Arsenal in the summer, with the Gunners closely following his progress, but Pompey have put pen to paper and signed him.

No comments: